I just love this wavy look wich we saw last season at Mara Hoffman
How to get the look:
Hair by Nick Irwin & the TIGI Creative team
Date: Saturday 11th February 2012
Inspiration: “Shaman cowboys who sell magic carpets in the desert.”
Look: Brushed out curls in a voluminous shape to emulate what might result from a horse ride through the desert
“I wanted the girl’s hair to be like a breezy cloud of Bohemian curls to complement the free-spirited messaging behind each look. I wanted it to look like the girls had just got off their horses and their hair was all tussled from the wind. It’s really carefree, raw and organic.”
Nick Irwin, TIGI Global Creative Director
“Shaman gauchos – I wanted to give the clothes the movement they deserve on the runway.”
Get the Look:
1. Begin by sectioning the top of the head and securing with a clip
2. Section the remaining hair into three small, braided buns (one on each side and one in the back), keeping them as tight and close to the head as possible
3. Remove hair from clip and create a clean center part. Separate hair into one-inch sections, lightly spray with Catwalk by TIGI Your Highness Firm Hold Hairspray and coil around finger to create flat pin curls – secure with flat metal clips
4. Using the TIGI Professional Pro Flat Iron, apply heat to clips to set the curl. Let cool.
5. Remove clips once cool and lightly brush through with a Mason Pearson brush, covering the three buns
6. Slightly back brush the hair to create a “cobweb” textured effect and set with Catwalk by TIGI Session Series Finishing Spray
Catwalk by TIGI Your Highness Firm Hold Hairspray
Catwalk by TIGI Session Series Finishing Spray
This Mara Hoffman by TIGI Catwalk look is definately something I’m going to wear this fall and winter!
Would you work this look?